OpenCascade license?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:56:12 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:01 AM, Dan Horák <dan at danny.cz> wrote:
> Richard Shaw píše v Po 14. 11. 2011 v 16:09 -0600:
>> Dan,
>>
>> I'm cleaning up the spec file getting it ready for submission. Are you
>> interested in reviewing and co-maintaining OCE rather than OCC?
>
> Sure, I am interested. Do you know if there is a clean relation between
> OCC releases (and thus API) and OCE versions?

As far as I've been able to gather, there is. The current release of
OCE (0.7.0) is ABI compatible with OCC 6.5.1. Their intent seems to be
to track OCC but apply their own patches as well as using cmake
exclusively for building.

I have a good package building but I still have DRAW disabled. I'm
going to try enabling it and hopefully I don't run into any problems.
When it's ready I'll submit it as a review request to RPM Fusion
non-free.

Richard