Rawhide builds still have .fc16 disttags

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 10:50:44 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:41:45 +0100, KK (Kevin) wrote:

> Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > Please build your package in F-16 this target was fixed earlier this week.
> > It should be inherited in rawhide. (F-17)
>
> But I want a DIFFERENT package in F16 and F17 Rawhide, to match Fedora
> freetype.
>
> F16 should have freetype-freeworld-2.4.6-4.fc16.
> F17 should have freetype-freeworld-2.4.8-1.fc17 (which actually got built as
> .fc16, which is what I'm complaining about).
>
> Fedora already moved on weeks ago. What are we waiting for?

Where "moved on weeks ago" also means that some packages in Fedora Rawhide
are ahead of F-16 already (read: they are ABI/API incompatible compared
with F-16). Waiting isn't helpful and won't fix anything. Some kind of
build inheritance between RPM Fusion F-16 and RPM Fusion F-17 doesn't make
sense in this case either.