OpenCascade license?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:40:02 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Long story short, I figured it out by hacking together some cmake
>> config changes. Although, a debian guy on the oce-dev list thinks my
>> changes are wrong... All I know is there's no more libraries or
>> executables not able to find their dependent libraries, so it works
>> for me!
>>
>> If you want to see here's my pull request on github[1].
>
> Your changes look right to me, except for one thing:
>> list(FIND CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${dir}" _exists)
> What's the purpose of this check? I think the _isSystem check alone should
> be sufficient. Whether the directory already existed or not should not be
> relevant.

I thought that myself, but I kept the macro as upstream wrote it[1].
Since as far as I can tell it work, I left it alone.

> I'm also not sure whether those scripts you change to be executable should
> really be executable. Generally, the best practices are that scripts should
> be marked executable if and only if they have a valid #! line on top.

Yes. I'm waiting on a response from upstream on that one. Since
they're installed to /usr/lib I would assume they're designed to be
used as is, if they weren't (if they're examples), I would think
/usr/share would be more appropriate.

Richard

[1] http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11751#c25029