libdvdcss 1.2.11

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Nov 24 15:01:41 CET 2011

On 24.11.2011 14:28, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> [...]
> Food for though, let's discuss.

You didn't mention the IMHO two most important points. They are
mentioned somewhere in the mailing list archives, but for the sake of
the discussion I'll mention them quickly here:

What influence will shipping libdvdcss in RPM Fusion have
  1) on the contributor base
  2) working together with other parties

To give examples of what I mean.

On "1)": Some people might avoid contributing to RPM Fusion if libdvdcss
is in the repos. I could for example imagine that having libdvdcss in
the repos might be a problem for contributors that work for a Linux
distributor we all know.

But sure, other might like RPM Fusion more if it ships libdvdcss and
start contributing.

IOW: it's a trade off.

On "2)" It never happened, but I once had hoped somebody could work out
a deal with Adobe to get permission to ship the flash-plugin in RPM
Fusion. I'd imagine having libdvdcss in the free repo could be a problem
when talking about such a deal with Adobe.

Enough said

Cu