kmods for video graphics

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Oct 16 06:06:58 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 05:30 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> You're supposed to upgrade using gnome-packagekit or KPackageKit,
> which will
> display a list of updates. If you see a kernel update without a
> matching
> kmod update in the list, just uncheck it, where's the problem?

To much work or a "common" user don't know that.
A "common" user, wants that updates be automatic.
As these "common" users and I just use stable versions and use it on
work. Normally, we don't have any trouble with any update.
And this trouble is not easy to solve.
First , know that computer don't boot and hangs on start X because
missed kmod, and you need switch to VT , when it is possible ...

So with akmods, as a "common" user, I live more happy because kmod
updates don't fail (often :)). And I know some times rpmfusion fails in
general terms (don't want discuss that). Just emphasize that if I have a
ndivia or a ATI and wants use properties drives. The installation of
gcc, kernel-devel and akmods, it worth to have better quality of
service.

2nd I may want do, automatic updates .

And Akmods in general are working very well, the same thing I could not
say around 2003 2004 IIRC.

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.