replacement builder needed

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 20:02:39 CEST 2011

Since no one has stepped up yet I have a proposal but I don't know how
easy it will be to accomplish.

I'm willing to offer up my desktop machine with the following requirements:

1. At least 5 to 10 others in total do the same
2. Building packages would be assigned to all machines in a round
robin approach.
3. I can shut down the builds by window or manually. I do occasionally
use my machine for gaming.

Another option in addition to the above would be to allow uploading of
packages from contributors machines to buildsys. I would suggest
making it possible from cvs/make where the packages would get built on
the local machine and then be uploaded.

I'm sure there are some technical hurdles but a distributed approach
may keep us from having to come up with a dedicated builder.

What does everyone think?

Richard