Newcomer

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:21:28 CEST 2011

2011/10/24 Nicolas Viéville <nicolas.vieville at univ-valenciennes.fr>:
> Hello Nicolas,
>
>> You need to create an account on fas.rpmfusion.org.
>
> I've done this. As the rpmfusion page for contributors mention it I've
> also "Applied for the cvsextras group" and my status is for now "none".
>
> I think I must wait to be "approved" before posting my spec file to the
> CVS?

No, you don't need to be in approved state to submit a spec file for review.
Once your modification will be approved and the reviewer considers you
are capable to maintain a package, you will be approved into RPM
Fusion cvsextras group of contributors. Then an ACL request need to be
done for you to commit your changes into a given module yourself.

Once that said, gaining ACL rights on a package may be optional. If
you only want to provide a quick update once, you may only request the
primary maintainer to apply your changes.

The problem with the wl-kmod package is about to know who is the
actual primary maintainer, and if none feels responsible maintaining
the package (such as answering bug reports and fixing bugs that
prevent continuation of service), then the package will be removed
because of lack of primary maintainer.