Newcomer

Nicolas Viéville nicolas.vieville at univ-valenciennes.fr
Mon Oct 24 17:30:43 CEST 2011

Hi again,

> > I think I must wait to be "approved" before posting my spec file to the
> > CVS?
>
> No, you don't need to be in approved state to submit a spec file for review.
> Once your modification will be approved and the reviewer considers you
> are capable to maintain a package, you will be approved into RPM
> Fusion cvsextras group of contributors. Then an ACL request need to be
> done for you to commit your changes into a given module yourself.

Ok!

> Once that said, gaining ACL rights on a package may be optional. If
> you only want to provide a quick update once, you may only request the
> primary maintainer to apply your changes.
>
> The problem with the wl-kmod package is about to know who is the
> actual primary maintainer, and if none feels responsible maintaining
> the package (such as answering bug reports and fixing bugs that
> prevent continuation of service), then the package will be removed
> because of lack of primary maintainer.

As a newcomer, I'm not sure I'm the first person to be the primary
maintainer. But, if Ankur Sinha is Ok for that, I'll try to do this
(with his help probably). How do I proceed to ask for being the primary
maintainer?

I've tried to connect to the CVS as described in the rpmfusion
contributors page, but I get this message after a "cvs co common" :

I have to precise that I've made a few tries before with no result,
because of a malformed CVSROOT environment variable. So maybe my account
is blocked. Is opening a new thread in this list is the procedure to
unblock it?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

To end with a positive note, as soon as it will be possible, I could
upload the wl-kmod.spec file and the broadcom-wl.spec file in their
upstream version (ie 5.100.82.111) for a review.

Cordially,

--
Nicolas Viéville