Buildsys aborted last kernel updates

Nicolas Viéville nicolas.vieville at univ-valenciennes.fr
Sat Dec 15 10:16:24 CET 2012

Hello Community,

> > Seeking the kmod package that I maintain in the last built launched by
> > Kwizart (update for new kernel), I came across this error in the job.log
> > file for i686:
> >
> > "Job failed because it was killed."
> >
> > The job ID is 15389.
>
> Thank you Nicolas for resolving this.
> Sorry for being so noisy about that, but there seems that the same
> package was not built for F-16 (compared to the list of commits
> yesterday) and maybe F-18. I'm probably wrong about that, but users
> experience would be not so good if I wasn't.
> Sorry, I didn't check all the built results compared to the commits to
> see if one was missing, but wl-kmod.

After investigating a little bit more, I was wrong. The wl-kmod package
for F-16 and last kernel was built (job ID 15400), but wasn't pushed to
testing as the others packages from the same built were. That's why I
didn't found it the first time. I don't know why this happens regularly
with this package (maybe because it is the last one in the list in
alphabetic order). Before I found this, I asked buildsys to rebuild one
more time this package (job ID 15418), sorry for that if it was not
necessary!

Maybe it should be accurate to push this package to testing and then to
official repository to avoid bad users experience when the new kernel
comes out.

Thanks in advance for doing the necessary or for providing me the needed
information to achieve this by myself.

Cordially,

--
NVieville