Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:00:33 CET 2012

2012/2/24 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:
> On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 00:21 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>> Hi,
>> from this thread we have 4 candidates to maintain mplayer:
>>
>> Julian Sikorski  which maintain the gnome-mplayer.
>> I (Sérgio Basto) which co-maintain smplayer.
>> Richard Shaw , which helps if it is need it (and have more admin
>> permissions, though).
>> Joseph D. Wagner which wish a mplayer updated.
>>
>> A little note: I though that was updated, for me mplayer with 18 months
>> is updated :) I saw for the first time real HD (mkv) in my laptop with
>> current mplayer on rpmfusion.
>>
>> we got ffmpeg-0_10
>> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=12011
>> and src.rpm
>> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-development-rpmfusion_free/12011-ffmpeg-0.10-1.fc18/
>>
>> who begging packaging ? or how we organize ourselves?
>> I will pick ffmeg 0.10 compile for F16 and try update mplayer on F16
>> too .
>
> http://www.serjux.com/mplayer/
> on this link is my work .
>
> To compile ffmpeg , I have to update x264 or ./configure of ffmpeg
> complains about x264 < 0.118
> After that ffmpeg compiles without problems.

Can you please pick a known version of x264 from RPM Fusion devel, branch.
Maintaining x264 is another issue.
I had a problem with more recent snapshot, specially as the patch
didn't applied and need to be reworked.
If you have done some work in this area, please forward it to the x264
maintainer or apply to the co-maintainership.

Thx