Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Feb 24 05:02:45 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 00:21 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> from this thread we have 4 candidates to maintain mplayer:
>
> Julian Sikorski  which maintain the gnome-mplayer.
> I (Sérgio Basto) which co-maintain smplayer.
> Richard Shaw , which helps if it is need it (and have more admin
> permissions, though).
> Joseph D. Wagner which wish a mplayer updated.
>
> A little note: I though that was updated, for me mplayer with 18 months
> is updated :) I saw for the first time real HD (mkv) in my laptop with
> current mplayer on rpmfusion.
>
> we got ffmpeg-0_10
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=12011
> and src.rpm
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-development-rpmfusion_free/12011-ffmpeg-0.10-1.fc18/
>
> who begging packaging ? or how we organize ourselves?
> I will pick ffmeg 0.10 compile for F16 and try update mplayer on F16
> too .

http://www.serjux.com/mplayer/
on this link is my work .

To compile ffmpeg , I have to update x264 or ./configure of ffmpeg
complains about x264 < 0.118
After that ffmpeg compiles without problems.

cat  /usr/include/x264_config.h
(...)
#define X264_POINTVER "0.120.2151 a3f4407"

I see that X264 is version 0.120 !

Best regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.