Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:22:53 CET 2012

W dniu 24.02.2012 01:21, Sérgio Basto pisze:
> Hi,
> from this thread we have 4 candidates to maintain mplayer:
>
> Julian Sikorski  which maintain the gnome-mplayer.
> I (Sérgio Basto) which co-maintain smplayer.
> Richard Shaw , which helps if it is need it (and have more admin
> permissions, though).
> Joseph D. Wagner which wish a mplayer updated.
>
> A little note: I though that was updated, for me mplayer with 18 months
> is updated :) I saw for the first time real HD (mkv) in my laptop with
> current mplayer on rpmfusion.
>
> we got ffmpeg-0_10
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/build-status/job.psp?uid=12011
> and src.rpm
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/logs/fedora-development-rpmfusion_free/12011-ffmpeg-0.10-1.fc18/
>
> who begging packaging ? or how we organize ourselves?
> I will pick ffmeg 0.10 compile for F16 and try update mplayer on F16
> too .

Given that ffmpeg-0.10 was recently built for devel I am willing to give
it a shot. What I discovered so far is that the spec from F-17 passes
prep stage without changes other than updating to the latest mplayer svn
snapshot. It then fails on something ffmpeg-related, which I hope new
ffmpeg will resolve. This is the status from 21st February.
Having said that, I am going skiing tomorrow so I can look at updating
mplayer on Sunday.
In case anyone is interested, I am willing to discuss the packaging on
IRC sometime on Sunday - my nick is belegdol and I can be found in
rpmfusion-devel.

Julian