Any interest in sox with MP3 support?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:23:06 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/26/2012 04:49 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Ok, I just "did" it and sox does find the mp3 plugin.

Great!

> I also built the
> amrwb and amrnb plugins, but if we decide to keep those I'll have to
> create a freeworld-free (mp3) and freeworld-nonfree (amr) package.
>
> That being said. Do we have to stick with the freeworld name? Couldn't
> we just call it:
>
> sox-plugin-mp3
> and
> sox-plugin-amr
>
> ???

The standard we've come up for this, is to do 2 packages:

sox-plugins-freeworld
sox-plugins-nonfree

Which would then have subpackages like this:
sox-plugins-freeworld
  sox-plugins-freeworld-mp3
  sox-plugins-freeworld-ffmpeg
sox-plugins-nonfree
  sox-plugins-nonfree-amrwb
  sox-plugins-nonfree-amrnb

The main packages could then either completely not
exist (ie no %files only %files mp3 and %files ffmpeg), or
could be empty except for Requiring all the sub packages
for easier installation. With a slight preference
for the later.

Hopes this hekps, if not keep asking questions.

Regards,

Hans