ffmpeg-1.2 update

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Mar 31 01:37:46 CET 2013

On Seg, 2013-03-18 at 21:16 +0100, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2013/3/18 Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com>
>         Dear all,
>
>         ffmpeg-1.2 was released recently. I have run a round of dep
>         rebuilds and
>         the only packages that failed to rebuild were bino, lightspark
>         and
>         dvbcut. None of these failures point directly to ffmpeg
>         though.
>         I'd opt for pushing this into devel and F-19 ASAP, and then
>         maybe even
>         to F-18 - but that one should be carefully considered.
>         rpmsodiff output is attached.
>
> devel is rawhide aka fedora-20 right now,  Any update must pass
> rawhide usability tests before anything else.
> As always I would like to have a sum-up of the ABI changes involved if
> any.
>
> I'm not fundamentally against having ffmpeg-1.2 in branched/F-19 at a
> later point. I just know some later ffmpeg update was locked by vlc
> because they will build but the rework needed to make it run will be
> done in the next vlc, not vlc bugfix.
>
> Nicolas (kwizart)
>
> Ps: I also don't have seen much mplayer update recently

Hi,
I think we should begin mass rebuild dependencies of ffmpeg / x264 /
mplayer  on rawhide . After we check that almost everything compiles and
run. we should pass it to F19 , I'm giving up have it on F18.
Reindl Harald said ffmpeg-1.3 is on the way.
So after merge it to F19, we have another round on rawhide for
ffmpeg-1.3 and I hope in time to merge again on F19 , before F19
Release.
IMHO

repoquery --releasever=rawhide list --disablerepo=\*updates\* -q mplayer
ffmpeg --nvr
ffmpeg-1.1.3-1.fc19
mplayer-1.1-5.20130123svn.fc19

--