Opencv-nonfree in rpmfusion?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed May 15 16:55:39 CEST 2013

2013/5/9 Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com>

> Hi Hans, Alec,
>
> On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 11:23 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > Note that we would prefer for opencv-nonfree to just contain a couple
> > of plugins, or some such, and depend on the Fedora package. If that is
> > not possible it is allowed to simply copy the Fedora package as base,
> > add the nonfree bits and make it Conflict with the original, see for
> > example audacity-nonfree
>
> I'll try making a package that only provides the non free bits. I'm
> already a fedora package maintainer. I'll get on it asap.

Hi,

Please note that despite the shared object is named opencv_nonfree.so, this
library will belong to the RPM Fusion free section.
We used to use the opencv-freeworld as the package name in this case.
(instead of opencv-free).

It's also possible to package the opencv_video.so, which last depends on a
cuda compiler. It could be named opencv-nonfree as it will depends on
proprietary software (the nvidia cuda compiler).