Fedora 21 EOL - CVS is closed!

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Dec 11 23:34:07 CET 2015

On Seg, 2015-12-07 at 14:36 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Qui, 2015-12-03 at 21:41 +0100, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > With Fedora 21 gone End Of Life on 1st December, I've made the very
> > last push for f21 earlier today.
> >
> > Given that CVS is still pointing to F-21, there is no branch to
> > push
> > into CVS anymore.
> > But since few months, the CVS content is synchronized to an
> > internal
> > git preview infrastructure that is automatically forwarded to
> > github.com/rpmfusion
> >
> > The current work-flow, until the new infra is setup will be to
> > clone
> > (or fork) from github and push to your personal namespace or attach
> > the patch (in git am usable form) and block https://bugzilla.rpmfus
> > io
> > n.org/3820.
> > We don't proceed github pull request, those aren't forwarded yet,
> > so
> > you really need to block #3820 with a new bug (creating bugs in our
> > bugzilla is still cheap). I will have a short list of people able
> > forward content to R/W internal git preview that is then forwarded
> > github as R/O.
>
> Just clarify this workflow , if you fork
> github.com/rpmfusion/yourpackage to yours github account or other
> public repo, you just need tell in bug report where his your repo

(typo here ) you just need to tell in bug report where is your repo

> with
> yours changes because as provenpackager, I can fetch your fork and
> merge into our git [1] .
>
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14872486/retrieve-specific-commit-
> fr
> om-a-remote-git-repository/31460870#31460870
>
> > I will probably update the wiki to reflect that until the new tools
> > and infra are available.
> > http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors
>
> Yes, we should update Contributors page. And also, IMO , add a
> message
> in every open bug in bugzilla with product=Fedora [2] with the page
> of
> wiki with new workflow , to ensure all maintainers are informed .
>
> [2] https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&
> li
> st_id=8504&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&pro
> du
> ct=Fedora
>
> > Current priority is:
> > 1/ setup the new infra to push git content using rfpkg-free/rfpkg-
> > nonfree. (gitolite)
> > Recently has an issue with fasClient that should be fixed now. Need
> > time to work on it.
> > 2/ Close the f23 repository for release and move to updates.
> > 3/ Introduce new packages from the review queue. (so if you don't
> > know how to help, please have a look on the review request queue
> > http
> > s://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2).
>
> IMO also branching f23, rawhide and epel7

kwizart: people still trying fix things that can't , and the main thing
for them is got git sources correct , why we don't do branch f23 , do
the mass rebuild, see github.com/rpmfusion correctly and "Close the f23
repository for release and move to updates." , internals things don't
matter to the people , this ones makes many questions and people try to
fix it (without success) Martin ask for rebuilds now Jeremy made f23
branch in is own account and I don't know what to answer.

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.