orphaning mame-data-extras

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Oct 7 17:59:38 CEST 2015

On Qua, 2015-10-07 at 07:50 +0200, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> please be advised that I am orphaning mame-data-extras. This package has
> become too much of a burden to maintain with monthly mame releases one
> one hand and various files included in it lagging behind the mame
> releases on the other. Not to mention that it was in violation of
> code-vs-content guideline.
> I will be putting a dead.package in devel branch in about a week from now.

GMAMEUI
Requires: mame-data-extras
# to load /usr/share/mame/Catver.ini and /usr/share/mame/cheat.7z
these files will disappear ?

I have not been able to maintain GMAMEUI, since changes in mame , I'd
like follow gnome-video-arcade [1]

I'm trying maintain GMAMEUI, because have feature that others don't
have , maybe export that features to gnome-video-arcade ...

[1]
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-video-arcade/

> Julian

Thanks,