rpmfusion Fedora-23 plans ?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Thu Oct 15 11:43:34 CEST 2015

Hi!

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 at 03:54, Sérgio Basto wrote:
[...]
> Last 3 of October (the day which I proposed the IRC meeting), the user
> glamber asked if the repo rpmfusion 22 had stopped. kwizart replied  :
> "I've recently restore one of my builder during the last week
> so I should be able to forward the missing f22-updates.
> Then I will work on f23, but still on day to day tasks, and way too
> little on new infra tasks"
> I deduce f22-updates was stopped, but now it is working again.
> And checking http://download1.rpmfusion.org I also notice the F23 repo
> is published in directory development/23/ !

It's probably a question for Nicholas, but is there any way I can help
with the migration to new infra? What's missing? What tasks are pending?

> I continue propose schedule a meeting on IRC, I do not know if it will
> be productive, but to seed some ideas on how to help and what is highest
> priority. Question in a workday or on weekend ?

I'd prefer during the week. I'm usually offline during weekends.

> About ideas, over the builders and git server, we must have some layers
> like packages [1], Bodhi2 , Pkgdb2, cgit, what do you think is the next
> piece that we should integrated ?

I think bodhi2 is the most important of those you mentioned.

> Other questions :
>
> - x264 is missing in Fedora 23 devel repo [2] , what happened ? Failed
> to build on ARM ?  I want enable with-asm option (only > F21 )

I could try and help, but since I have no access to the "new" infra,
I can't test-build anything for F22+ on ARM.

I'd like to update FFmpeg to 2.8.x and MPlayer to 1.2, too.

Regards,
Dominik
RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org
"Faith manages."