port of game-data-packager to Fedora

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:05:20 CET 2016

Hi,

On 03-01-16 22:15, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
>> I still believe that innoextract belongs in Fedora proper,
>> so a first step at getting g-d-p in rpmfusion would be
>> to get innoextract into Fedora, see:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>>
>> I can act as a sponsor for you in Fedora. I believe this is the best
>> way to process because of 2 reasons:
>>
>> 1) rpmfusion currently is overhauling its infra, so getting any new
>> pkgs in atm is kinda hard
>> 2) rpmfusion requires a sponsor process for non Fedora packages just
>> like the Fedora process, but once you're an official Fedora packager
>> you get the same rights in rpmfusion automatically
>
> What was needed to make the "automatically" bit work ?

When I said "automatically" I meant that you do not need to go through
a separate sponsoring process or some such. Once your first pkg gets
imported an admin will add you to the packager group, so automatically
may not be the best term to describe this.

> I've got the same userid, email, etc.. in both FAS systems
> and that doesn't seems to happen.
>
> I have now manually requested to join
> "RPM Fusion Packagers CVS commits Group (user)"
> & "RPM Fusion Bugs Group (user)".

I've just sponsored you in rpmfusion fas now, so you have all
the same rights as in Fedora now.

Regards,

Hans