Kodi

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:23:41 CEST 2016

> On 06/22/2016 03:34 PM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
>>
>> Not at all, sir, alpha is way too late for f24 GA, about to be
>> released just NOW!
>> Also I'm not very pleased with me having to fix your FTBFS kodi
>> package despite the appropriate backport was made available to you via
>> github.
>>
>> I'm fine if you update kodi to devel and backport when stable, etc.
>

> You do not understand how Kodi development works and had no idea what I was
> doing, development-wise, locally.
Sure,

> Kodi 16 is end-of-life. There will be no further point releases to Kodi 16.
> That means Fedora 24 will be stuck with an old, unsupported, and
> unmaintained version for a year. Fedora's take on software that follows this
> release model make exceptions and allow major releases to occur. Example:
> Firefox.
Please read again what I've said, I have no issue to  backport kodi 17
to stable (f24) at some point.
There is nothing wrong against updating f24 kodi 16 to 17 18 or
whatever. But having the repo and upgrade path broken for 23-->24 user
migration is more a problem. This is a rel-eng concern.

> I was committing and syncing the 16.1-1 commit that had been sitting in wait
> since April while I was locally working on Kodi 17. I was going to skip the
> 16.1 build for F24 and move to 17. There was no need to commit any other
> patches. It is not my fault that you jumped the gun and attempted a build,
> which I already knew would fail. I did not ask for a build.
Sure , but where would I know this info ? The patch that was made
available to you on github has fixed the build.

> If this is how you are going to treat your contributors then I am
> considering dropping my involvement in RPMFusion. You have never been
> considerate of my help and continuously belittle me. I do not appreciate it.

That is not my indend.

--
-