Various pkgs missing from f24 repos

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Jun 28 03:52:23 CEST 2016

Hello !

On Seg, 2016-06-27 at 20:16 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First of all many thanks to all who have been involved in getting the
> f24
> repos in place. They look great and all the important pkgs are there.
>
> I accidentally found out that some not so important pkgs are missing
> though when running dnf repoquery --extras on my main workstation
> which has way too much stuff installed :)
>
> Doing this gives the following (incomplete list):
>
> -For f24 free:
>    -SheepShaver
>    -vbam
>    -madplay
>    -mock-rpmfusion-free
>    -wormsofprey
>    -xmris
>    -zsnes
>
> -For f24 nonfree:
>    -d1x
>    -doom-shareware
>    -unrar
>    -mac
>    -mock-rpmfusion-nonfree
>    -roadfighter
>    -smc-music
>    -spear-demo
>    -vice
>    -wolf4sdl
>    -xv
>
> All of these do have builds for older Fedora releases in the new
> koji, so the easiest fix likely is to simple tag these as
> f24-free-updates / f24-nonfree-updates .

Yes, we have to review this , I also have a list ( of dnf list extras )

> There seem to be 2 underlying problems:
>
> 1) The f24 repo did not inherit any builds from previous releases
> (assuming we want to keep the base f24 pkg set frozen we cannot fix
>   this now)
>
> 2) Some pkgs never got rebuild for f24, I've not checked all of the
> above, but for those which I've checked there are no failed f24
> builds,
> they were likely simply never rebuild.
>
> As said for starters I think we should tag these into f24-free-
> updates /
> f24-nonfree-updates. Quite a few of the above (incomplete!) list are
> mine, so I will prepare f24 builds for them.
>
> I've already prepared and pushed a vice update for this, but
> rfpkg new-sources is failing for me, and as is already known
> rfpkg build does not work yet.

At least at free repo , I got some reports  that is working ,
https://pkgs.rpmfusion.org/repo/pkgs/free/?C=M;O=D

ignatenkobrain ask to update mpg123 the source is already uploaded !?!
this is what ignatenkobrain propose https://github.com/ascot-repo/mpg12
3/blob/master/mpg123.spec

in attach what I propose , I lost my chat log with him ... in resume,
he removed  /sbin/alternatives since claims that we haven't any other
alternative and also remove other spec snippets , I don't know the
impact of that, so I leave that to maintainers ( you :D ) .

> Regards,
>
> Hans

Best regards,
--