[akmods: 3/3] Merge branch 'el7'

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Nov 23 14:52:53 CET 2016

On Qua, 2016-11-23 at 13:26 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Qua, 2016-11-23 at 14:09 +0100, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:

> > <dominik at greysector.net>:

> > > Only fast-forward merges should be done from non-master branches
> > > master. Otherwise we're getting junk "merge commits"
> > > unnecessarily.
> > Well, I would even say don't even merge anything "TO" master.
> > Master
> > is the main branch for development, so there are no reason that any
> > commit isn't there first if relevant.
> > If you have diverged from master, you cannot merge anymore, only
> > cherry-pick the commit or range you wan't back to your particular
> > branch.
> >

> > @sergio,
> > Please re-do another clone for akmod, I've cleaned this change
> what commands did you use to fix akmods NonFastForward ?

I could test with f20 , which had the same last commit of el7 and

git checkout f20
git rebase origin/master (choose ignore changes)
git status
and have 24 and 1 different commit each, respectively.
so we need
git push --force

I don't have permissions, neither I want it, I think we may leave with
merges and without force updates ...

I had done 3 commits :

1 .  https://pkgs.rpmfusion.org/cgit/free/akmods.git/commit/?id=2d1568a
9a177b5651d35cd42437d4afee192f108
with Diffstat 0 files changed, 0 insertions, 0 deletions

which I put el7 with same hash of master code of 2015-04-08, before
they had the same code but they had different hashes .

2. Now I can merge master into el7 with fast-forward. ( git checkout
el7;  git merge master )

3. merge, only the hash el7,  with Diffstat 0 files changed, 0
insertions, 0 deletions, so now on all branches are in same tree.
(git checkout master ; git merge el7)

--
Sérgio M. B.