[akmods: 3/3] Merge branch 'el7'

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Tue Nov 29 20:00:35 CET 2016

On Qua, 2016-11-23 at 14:09 +0100, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> <dominik at greysector.net>:

> > > HOW IS THAT even possible that you merge back and forth el7
> > > branch to devel.
> > > STOP doing that this is totally insane!
> > Only fast-forward merges should be done from non-master branches to
> > master. Otherwise we're getting junk "merge commits" unnecessarily.
> Well, I would even say don't even merge anything "TO" master. Master
> is the main branch for development, so there are no reason that any
> commit isn't there first if relevant.
> If you have diverged from master, you cannot merge anymore, only
> cherry-pick the commit or range you wan't back to your particular
> branch.

We still have some packages , that we cannot merge anymore and can be
fixed by merging branch into master as explain by others in this
thread.
what is the state of this thread ?, like also was point out rebase
needs a git push --force .
Also this is a minor detail, I don't want spend much energy on this
subject, but I'd like know if I'm authorized (again) or not to fix git
repos to have fast-forward (merge) again ?

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.