Update ffmpeg in F24 to 3.1.x ?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Oct 12 04:37:17 CEST 2016

On 10/11/2016 07:49 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> the mailing list".
>
> I hope have one decision, quickly and close this subject (update ffmpeg
> in F24 to 3.1.x ? ).

This is not ideal. The ffmpeg 3.0.x branch is not going unmaintained AFAIK. We can't
push out a big rebuild of a major library so one, new package can be introduced into
F24.

In any case I tested Kodi 16 against ffmpeg 3.1 and it works fine. The only problem
I see is that you pushed the master/F25 kodi branch (Kodi 17.x) over to F24 and all
that will have to be undone. Please do not commit to the kodi branch unless you
discuss it with me. Yes, you may have provenpackager, but please do not abuse it.

I'm neutral on this - leaning towards no. Wait until F25 to introduce Telegram. F25
is almost out.