Update ffmpeg in F24 to 3.1.x ?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Oct 12 05:48:53 CEST 2016

On Ter, 2016-10-11 at 21:37 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 10/11/2016 07:49 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >
> > the mailing list".
> >
> > I hope have one decision, quickly and close this subject (update
> > ffmpeg
> > in F24 to 3.1.x ? ).
> This is not ideal. The ffmpeg 3.0.x branch is not going unmaintained
> AFAIK. We can't
> push out a big rebuild of a major library so one, new package can be
> introduced into
> F24.
>
> In any case I tested Kodi 16 against ffmpeg 3.1 and it works fine.
> The only problem
> I see is that you pushed the master/F25 kodi branch (Kodi 17.x) over
> to F24 and all
> that will have to be undone. Please do not commit to the kodi branch
> unless you
> discuss it with me. Yes, you may have provenpackager, but please do
> not abuse it.

OK, no worries , anyway I not planning upgrade any version on F24 just
because one rebuild, if we need rebuild. Also we can fork the git tree.
I try maintain all branches in same tree like in kodi [1] but if is not
possible or in this special case, I don't see a problem have an
exception.

[1]
https://pkgs.rpmfusion.org/cgit/free/kodi.git/log/

> I'm neutral on this - leaning towards no. Wait until F25 to introduce
> Telegram. F25
> is almost out.

2016-11-15 if no delays, yeah F24 have almost 4 months, after F25
released doesn't make sense to me, anyway cycle between F24 and F25 may
have less of 5 months.

Thanks.
--
Sérgio M. B.