libdvdcss in RPM Fusion ?

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Tue Sep 6 13:52:44 CEST 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 12:43:40PM +0200, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> On 05/09/2016 15:56, Andrea Musuruane wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com
> > <mailto:kwizart at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     > As a package maintainer and end-user, I think it'd be valuable to have
> >     > libdvdcss in RPM Fusion.
> >     >
> >     > If there is some concern about mirroring, though, perhaps we could
> >     create a
> >     > *third* repository for this sort of even more dubious package?
> >     Which I guess
> >     > at the moment would just be libdvdcss and anything that depends on
> >     it. Then
> >     > mirrors that don't / can't ship it simply don't mirror this
> >     additional repo.
> >
> >     That reminds me how openh264 is dealt with in fedora.
> >     Can anyone sum-up the existing methods used by various distro about
> >     this issue ?
> >

> > I did a little research.
> >
> Thanks for the research, this is much appreciated.

On my mirror a 'locate libdvdcss' gives me multiple copies of libdvdcss
binary and source code package for following mirrored content:

atrpms
pcbsd
openbsd
openmandriva
linuxmint
alpine
ccux-linux
debian-multimedia
freshrpms
rootlinux
repoforge
livna
Mageia
archlinux
gentoo

[...]

> I'd like to add :
> 3.5 : use RPM Fusion for SCM and build, but ship the binaries from
> elsewhere
> (ala openh264 in Fedora, built in Fedora infra, but shipped from
> Cisco)

That sounds like a good idea.

		Adrian