MythTV on el6: tuner support

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Apr 14 15:45:36 CEST 2013

Hi:  I've been happily using the ATrpms repo for more than 8 years, but
it feels like time to test the water over here.

I have a laptop now running under ScientificLinux 6.4, with kde 4.10.2
and Qt 4.8.4 from the kde-unstable repo, and MythTV 0.26.0-7.el6 from
rpmfusion.  Some parts of the recent installation process weren't
planned, but to my surprise the system seems to be working well.

One part of the working system is still from Atrpms.  MythTV under the
current SL6 kernel doesn't recognise the tuner - a PCTV 290e dvb-t/t2
usb device - so I'm running an earlier kernel with video4linux driver
package and kmdl from ATrpms;  the last sync with linuxtv was in Nov 2011.

In browsing the rpmfusion repo I haven't recognised packages that might
provide this functionality.  What am I missing?

Or do I need linuxtv.org/media_build?

TIA

John P