Openshot Failing

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Dec 2 00:29:30 CET 2013

On Dom, 2013-12-01 at 16:32 +0100, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2013/12/1 George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com>
>         Sergio:
>
>         Thanks.  It turned out that I had a conflicting file from the
>         Community Squeeze site, which I use for the community version
>         of the Logitech Media Server -- the old Squeezebox Server --
>         for my networked music players.  The file was their
>         ffmpeg2-libs rpm (the file is here:
>         http://www.communitysqueeze.org/repo/19/x86_64/ffmpeg2-libs-2.0.1-1.fc19.x86_64.rpm),
>

> My gooddamn god! this repository is violating the GPL as the ffmpeg
> binary built it provides is linked against nonfree software
> (faac/fdk-aac).

Hi,
if faac/fdk-aac is from sorceforge [1]:

I'm quite sure that we, in sf.net, just can host free and open source
projects [2].
That why if we go to summary of the project [3] says: License Apache
License V2.0

So what I think is faac/fdk-acc that is not legal , or is Open Source
compliant or cant be hosted on sourceforge and also may make confusions.
Or I'm seeing this sourceforge issue wrongly ?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/files/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sitelegal/wiki/Controversial%
20project%20hosting
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/?source=navbar