Fedora 16 EOL

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 27 00:48:39 CET 2013

Am 27.03.2013 00:32, schrieb Gabe Rubin:
> Is there no more support for Fedora 16

no because F18 is the current recent version and
after the release of F18 the support for F16 ended
a month later as it will end for F17 a month after
release of F19

this is the typical release cycle

> and if not is my best avenue to upgrade to Fedora 18 by first doing a
> DVD upgrade to Fedora 17 and then a FedUp Upgrade to 18?

maybe i am the wrong to answer this because i ALWAYS do yum-upgrades
by EXACTLY follow the instructions for the specific jump

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum

> Are there any gotchas I should be aware of during the upgrades?

hard to say, depends on your knowledge and setup
maybe things are a gotcha for you are a typical change for a long-time user