MythTV on el6: tuner support

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue May 14 22:32:38 CEST 2013

On 14/05/13 20:05, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> John,
>
> Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:56:05 AM, you wrote:
>
> JP> An update.  I had no success, over several weeks, with the linuxtv
> JP> media_build script and current kernels from sl6, and a quick attempt to
> JP> rebuild the ATrpms v4l package also failed.  But then I tried the
> JP> kernel-lt from elrepo, and the PCTV-290e DVB-T2 USB device works with no
> JP> apparent problems.
>
> my DVB-C card had no drivers available in Centos6. After some
> searching, I found http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/S2-liplianin
> and
> https://pikacode.com/mercurial.intuxication.org/s2-liplianin.tar.gz,
> which is a big collection of DVB-drivers. I had to make it against the
> Centos kernel without major problems. It works nice since then. The
> only problem is that I need to rebuild it after every centos kernel
> update. I use a "Cinergy C PCI HD"-card.

Thank you for that.  I didn't know about it; but it looks to me as if,
at present, elrepo is keeping up to date and you might find exploring it
worthwhile.  Of course I have almost no experience of using it and in
any case I would guess that, as with financial products, "past
performance is not a guide to future performance".

Please note, too, that I don't want to appear to be promoting another
repo on this list.  I have posted here just to ask for, or pass on, what
might be useful info... and with no guarantee, etc, etc.

John P