Pipelight

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sun Sep 1 01:33:50 CEST 2013

On 08/31/2013 03:36 PM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Richi Plana <myfedora at richip.dhs.org> wrote:
>> Is anyone working on packaging pipelight <https://launchpad.net/pipelight>
>> for Fedora?
> I have not, although pipelight looks like a cool project.
>
> My assumption is that these patches would need to get into Wine
> upstream before this could go into RPM Fusion:
>
> https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mqchael/pipelight/master/files/head:/wine-patches/
>
> Otherwise the pipelight package would need to bundle a forked copy of Wine.

Alright.  I guess I'll have to wait for the patch to go up, then. I'm
willing to create the pipelight spec and package (and/or maintain it),
but I'd need somebody to point me out to instructions. I know spec files
can be generated in many different ways (and I've my own templates).

One slightly unrelated question, though: I've modified the wine.spec for
wine-1.7.0 to add the two patches but have only been successful in
building the x86-64 version. When I try to build the i686 version, I get
an error stating gcc can't generate the binaries. I could just be
missing a package or the way I'm invoking a cross-compile build is wrong:

$ setarch i686 rpmbuild --target=i686 -ba wine.spec

Could somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?
--

Richard Plana