amd catalyst legacy driver for Fedora 19

a.sterbini at tiscali.it a.sterbini at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 6 23:11:16 CEST 2013

Hi

(first of all let me thank a lot all RPMFusion mantainers for their
hard work ... )

A own a Radeon HD 4000 series card and I am trying to
install the fglrx ATI driver on a Fedora 19.

Unfortunately, even if I
try to install the akmod for Fedora 18  (which builds fine and install
the kernel driver module ) when X11 starts it crashes complaining about
the missing symbol noXFree86DRIExtension
This seems to be a problem
with  xorg version 13

Then I tried to install the ATI legacy driver.

It fails because it's not ready for kernel 3.10.10, but if you patch it
with the Kolasa version (https://github.com/kolasa/fglrx-8.97.100.7)
you can compile and install it fine.

Unfortunately, this also
complains for the missing simbol

I have found here (https://ask.
fedoraproject.org/question/10924/how-to-install-updated-amd-catalyst-
131-for-legacy-chipsets/ )
that I should to downgrade Xorg to an
earlier version than 13 ...

I will give it a try, but in the meantime
I would like to ask if/when (please) the catalyst legacy driver will be
again available in RPMFusion?

Thanks a lot
AndreaS

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/