Nvidia on kernel 3.11.1-200

Richard Allen ra at ra.is
Fri Sep 20 02:22:32 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----

I'm sure you realize that the term "all users" includes atleast both Windows and OS-X users.   I wonder if they care more about their driver being open sourced or if it's just good.   And why should they?

I also wonder if you realize that just those two groups make up more than 95% of all desktop users?

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems we Linux users make up a whopping 1.52% of the desktop market :)     1.52% :)    Let's put on the pressure, eh? :)    I mean, we should be able to scare them straight with those numbers? ;)

I've never understood how some people seem to think they have the right to demand that a person or a company opensource their software and I've never understood why nvidia seems to always get the most attention, even from people who don't even use any hardware from them.

I too was a ATI user way back when the fglrx drivers where the best option Linux users had and therefore capable of working best for me.  Today this best option, for me, is nvidia.  I'm just grateful I can use my computers (yes, they all have nvidia cards) like I want, to do what I want without to many problems.