Buildsystem problems?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sun Sep 22 06:17:07 CEST 2013

On Qui, 2013-09-19 at 11:57 -0700, Michael Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>

> For those of us not in the know, what happened to the build system? I
> would have expected to see discussion on the mailing lists regarding
> something this big.

Hi, I feel I have to write something, I don't know much , because I am a
little new here, I began to commit in F15, I guess , as you may know
rpmfusion have a buildsystem very very old, with CVS, plague and psp.
One part of the system stop to work , someone call it add_to_repo,
system does not add results to repo , and nobody fix it , also no much
people have access to infrastructure but who have it, or doesn't have
time and don't find the solution or is a big problem ...
So, as said to me, in chats, rpmfusion are considering migrate build
system, for me was a good time to migrate that, to koji with git , but
this is free (as freedom) software, I don't see any dead line date to do
it, and can take a really long time ...
The people that I know on rpmfusion are really busy , but I have hope
see a new rpmfusion, it would be much more practical.

I decided write but I have a very bad english, although I have time to
writing, but I write really bad, even in my natural language.

Best regards,

--
Sérgio M. B.