Buildsystem problems?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sun Sep 22 09:25:10 CEST 2013

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 05:17:07 AM Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > For those of us not in the know, what happened to the build system? I
> > would have expected to see discussion on the mailing lists regarding
> > something this big.
> >

> Hi, I feel I have to write something, I don't know much , because I am a
> little new here, I began to commit in F15, I guess , as you may know
> rpmfusion have a buildsystem very very old, with CVS, plague and psp.
> One part of the system stop to work , someone call it add_to_repo,
> system does not add results to repo , and nobody fix it , also no much
> people have access to infrastructure but who have it, or doesn't have
> time and don't find the solution or is a big problem ...
> So, as said to me, in chats, rpmfusion are considering migrate build
> system, for me was a good time to migrate that, to koji with git , but
> this is free (as freedom) software, I don't see any dead line date to do
> it, and can take a really long time ...
> The people that I know on rpmfusion are really busy , but I have hope
> see a new rpmfusion, it would be much more practical.
>
> I decided write but I have a very bad english, although I have time to
> writing, but I write really bad, even in my natural language.

Sérgio, while I don't have experience with the CVS to Git migration portion of
this process, I do have experience setting up a Kerberized private Koji
instance (https://messinet.com/rpms/, https://messinet.com/koji/) with a Git
SCM backend, external repository support, and virtual machine buildsystems.  I
also have experience in creating the supporting tools to automatically sign
the packages and create the repositories.  I might be able to help in this
initiative.  Where are these "chats" about the migration occurring?

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E