ffmpeg/x264/gpc circular dep loop

Emilio M Recio erecio at polywog.org
Sat Mar 15 06:25:37 CET 2014

Thanks a lot! This worked for me, but I had to do some more digging as I
am a newbie with this depth/amount of RPM manipulation. I found the x264
spec file, and after updating that line, I did a "-ba" recompile of that
file. Did the ffmpeg, gpac, and then commented out that line, and
another -ba recompile of x264 and everything seems to have lived nicely.

I don't know if this is the right list or anything, but the last PPC
repo was for F12. Should we bring it back? Like I said, I don't want to
send this machine packing just yet... even if Apple has. If anyone is
interested, please email back; otherwise I'll just post the ppc64
packages on my server for download.

My specs are:
processor	: 0
cpu		: PPC970, altivec supported
clock		: 1800.000000MHz
revision	: 2.2 (pvr 0039 0202)

processor	: 1
cpu		: PPC970, altivec supported
clock		: 1800.000000MHz
revision	: 2.2 (pvr 0039 0202)

timebase	: 33333333
platform	: PowerMac
model		: PowerMac7,3
machine		: PowerMac7,3
motherboard	: PowerMac7,3 MacRISC4 Power Macintosh
detected as	: 336 (PowerMac G5)
pmac flags	: 00000000
L2 cache	: 512K unified
pmac-generation	: NewWorld