ffmpeg/x264/gpc circular dep loop

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Mar 15 17:25:04 CET 2014

On Sáb, 2014-03-15 at 01:25 -0400, Emilio M Recio wrote:
> Thanks a lot! This worked for me, but I had to do some more digging as I
> am a newbie with this depth/amount of RPM manipulation. I found the x264
> spec file, and after updating that line, I did a "-ba" recompile of that
> file. Did the ffmpeg, gpac, and then commented out that line, and
> another -ba recompile of x264 and everything seems to have lived nicely.

Hi,
to build packages, I stop using rpmbuild and use mock [1]
Now I do commands like this :
rpmbuild -bs dvdstyler.spec --define "_sourcedir ." --define
'_srcrpmdir .'  && mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64-rpmfusion_free
--rebuild ./dvdstyler-2.7.1-1.fc20.src.rpm  --no-clean

Looking for mock configurations in /etc/mock/
we got many ppc and ppc64 configurations

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-20&arch=ppc

http://mirror.proserve.nl/fedora-secondary/releases/17/Fedora/
seems last one

for rpmfusion we still use cvs you can download rpms spec and patch
with
export CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/free
export CVS_RSH=ssh
export PLAGUE_CLIENT_CONFIG=~/.plague-client-rpmfusion.cfg

cvs co ffmpeg

you need install plague-client (yum  install plague-client)

for fedora packages you may use fedpkg (yum  install fedpkg)
cd fedora-scm/
fedpkg clone xorg-x11-drv-synaptics (-a for anonymous)
cd xorg-x11-drv-synaptics/

fedpkg mockbuild --root fedora-18-x86_64
or
fedpkg srpm ; mock -r fedora-20-x86_64 --rebuild azureus-5.3.0.0-2.fc21.src.rpm

[1]
http://www.serjux.com/alps/how_to_use_mock.txt

--
Sérgio M. B.