F22 Black Screen with nVidia drivers

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jul 6 12:51:18 CEST 2015

On 07/06/15 18:31, David Both wrote:
> I do not think it is only nVidia. I have ATI graphics on my main workstation and when attempting to use KDE on Fedora 22 I found KDE to be very unstable generally, with plenty of crashes and missing (compared to previous versions) components and configuration options. Although I think that nVidia drivers suck, I believe that your current problems are due to issues with the current release of KDE Plasma.

Running F22/KDE with GeForce GTX 660 and the nVidia drivers from RPMfusion (akmod) just fine.

The only problem I see is updating kernels via dnf.  dnf has the RPM database locked so the rpm's can't be installed during the update.  Supposedly, that should be taken care of during the reboot but it hasn't worked for me.  So, I just manually do it as suggested in the akmods.log prior to reboot.