nvidia 367.57-1.fc24 and v4.8.4 kernel

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:48:35 CET 2016

> The combination in $SUBJECT doesn't seem to work. When I try to use it
> then I get the GNOME sad face instead of a gdm login screen. The logs
> complain about permissions for managing the displays (sorry, didn't
> collect them, so I don't recall the exact message).
>
> I pulled down the the 370.28-1.fc25 srpms, built packages from them for
> f24, installed the resulting packages and they started working again,
> so I suspect this is just a matter of needing the new drivers for the
> new kernel.
>
> Can we get 370.28-1 "officially" built for f24?

Hi Jeff,
Thx for your report.

I don't reproduce on my workstation:
uname -r
4.8.4-200.fc24.x86_64
$ modinfo -F version nvidia
367.57
$ lspci |grep VGA
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107GL [Quadro
K620] (rev a2)

So there is currently not enought information for such update request.
We will update to 370.28 when we will fix others issues that might
arise to some corner cases.
Until then the usual way to get nvidia release ahead of the current
version is to use the latest/Beta driver that way:
http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#Latest.2BAC8-Beta_driver

Also, if you hit any nvidia issue in the future, please attach the
output of nvidia-bug-report.sh to our bugzilla, we are totally blind
without it.
(even remontly from ssh from another host).

Thx again for your report.

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)