dnf not getting rpmfusion updates

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Fri Nov 4 06:08:26 CET 2016

On 03/11/16 22:42, Robin Laing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have had issues but I am not getting rpmfusion updates on any of the
> enabled repos.
>
> dnf clean all
>
> Still doesn't install the latest updates.
>
> Looking at akmods as an example, even after running dnf clean all and
> updating the list of updates.
>
> dnf update
>
> updates to the latest rpmfusion release packages
>
> I still have old versions of rpmfusion software on my system.
>
> I erased the two rpmfusion release rpm's and re-installed them.  Ran dnf
> update with no success.
>

> dnf clean all
>
> Rerun dnf list updates, doesn't list any updates even though RPM Fusion
> for Fedora 23 - Nonfree (Free) (Nonfree - Updates) and (Free - Updates)
> all downloaded the latest metadata.
>
> RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree                396 kB/s | 156 kB
> 00:00
> RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free                756 kB/s | 457 kB     00:00
> RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree - Updates                273 kB/s |
> 67 kB     00:00
> RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free - Updates                283 kB/s | 297
> kB     00:01
>
> Is this a RPM fusion issue or a Fedora issue?
>
> I looked at the RPM Fusion package list to know that there are newer
> packages from October that should have been installed.
>
> Robin

Further to this, running dnf -d 10 list updates, I get

dnf -d 10 list updates
timer: config: 7 ms
cachedir: /var/cache/dnf
Loaded plugins: download, system-upgrade, needs-restarting, playground,
noroot, protected_packages, debuginfo-install, reposync, langpacks,
builddep, config-manager, Query, generate_completion_cache, copr
langpacks: No languages are enabled
initialized Langpacks plugin
DNF version: 1.1.10
Command: dnf -d 10 list updates
Installroot: /
Releasever: 23
Base command: list
Extra commands: ['updates']
repo: using cache for: updates
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree - Updates
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree - Updates
repo: using cache for: fedora
not found deltainfo for: Fedora 23 - x86_64
not found updateinfo for: Fedora 23 - x86_64
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-free-updates
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free - Updates
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free - Updates
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-nonfree
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-free
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free
timer: sack setup: 484 ms
updates: using metadata from Thu Nov  3 20:15:59 2016.
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: using metadata from Sun Sep 18 05:02:56 2016.
fedora: using metadata from Sat Oct 31 11:34:41 2015.
rpmfusion-free-updates: using metadata from Sun Sep 18 04:57:30 2016.
rpmfusion-nonfree: using metadata from Mon Jun 20 08:18:01 2016.
rpmfusion-free: using metadata from Mon Jun 20 08:49:13 2016.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:49 ago on Thu Nov  3 22:54:02 2016.
Upgraded Packages
castxml.x86_64
0.1-0.13.20161006git05db76f.fc23                                  updates
Cleaning up.

For some reason, rpmfusion metadata is not current, even after running
dnf clean all and erasing all rpmfusion directories.

Even the time stamp in the repodata is fo September 18.

If I check the web site, the repodata is more current.

What do I have to check to get dnf to update the latest repodata?

 From what I am reading, this is pointing to a bad mirror.