delta rpm's for RPM Fusion?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri May 15 14:17:00 CEST 2009

On 14.05.2009 21:10, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 21:02 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>> Besides "would be nice to have": not that I'm aware of.
>> There's the old thread from November. Some unanswered questions (hardware
>> resources, repo layout, verifying that the buildsys machine has the needed
>> deps available and installed), not much buy-in.

 From my point of view:

* hardware resources are afaics not a problem here, as we have only a
few packages when compared to Fedora and it doesn't take that long to
generate the deltas afaics

* what impact woult delta support have apart from a (automatically
generated) drpms/ sub-directory on the same level as repodata/

* buildsys got all that is needed already to support stronger hashes

* more and more users ask for delta rpms and it would be nice to support
them

>> Also, deltarpms tools have
>> had some problems, such as exiting with error return-code for empty but
>> valid repos.

/me wonders if it works better now that the