Branched for F11 (was: Re: Rough times: Preparing for buildsys for F11)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat May 30 15:45:40 CEST 2009

On 27.05.2009 22:12, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 27.05.2009 20:01, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> I'm doing some preparation for F11 branching (maybe Xavier and I might
>> even finish it today). So if something is not working please be a bit
>> patient and retry a bit later; If problems remain for longer please let
>> me know -- preferred via IRC in this case, as that might reduce
>> communication to "there is a problem foo" "we know, please be patient,
>> we are working on it" ;-)
>
> Made some progress over the past two hours:
> [...]
> /me leaves the keyboard now, way to late for me already

CVS is branched for F-11 now (thanks Xavier for you help with the
preparations). Note that devel/ still targets F11 till rawhide actually
moves on to F12 (e.g. until F11 is released) -- this is different from
Fedora!

IOW:

- everything you build from foo/F-11/ will go to F11-updates-testing and
later get moved to F11-updates

- everything you build from devel/ over the next few days will get into
the release repos for F11

But I'd guess nobody should build anything in the devel branch anymore
over the next few days apart from critical bugfixes to make sure we
don't introduce any new bugs in those repos. Hence I plan to review any
package updates a bit closer before pushing them. If something odd comes
up I'll ask packagers or this list for advice.

Ohh, and reminder: please take a close look at the build logs (i386 vs.
i586; rpmflags; proper disttags, ...)  -- it's not unlikely that
something went wrong during reconfiguration for F11. tia!

CU
kurd