New package question

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:01:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 04/15/2011 12:47 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I may be getting my terminology mixed up but now that I'm officially a
> package maintainer, does that make me an a "RPMFusion Sponsored
> Packager"?
>
> If so, do I skip some parts of the package review process? (i.e.
> blocking bug 30?)

Right, no need to block bug 30, and no need to seek a sponsor, any
existing rpmfusion or Fedora packager can now review and approve
your package.

> I've got another package put together, imagination, which is a simple
> slide show creator that I'd like to get added to RPMFusion.
>
> I've got it building cleanly in mock and rpmlint on all the packages
> and on the installed package are clean. I think I'm good with the
> guidelines but could certainly use some help making sure.
>
> One question related to the spec file. The guidelines are a little
> unclear when you have to do ldconfig. This package does create .so
> libraries, but they are installed into their own directory, not
> directly into /usr/lib{,64} and as far as I know they are not
> available for other applications to link against.

That (libs in subdir of %{_libdir}, not meant for others) is indeed a
special case, I usually describe it as the "plugin" case in that case
there is no need to call ldconfig from %post[un]

Regards,

Hans