Need advice: Migration of mythtv config data

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Fri Jul 20 00:38:56 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, until something changes upstream, Mythtv currently uses the
> MYTHCONFDIR (and falls back to HOME) for where to store configuration
> data. Which is not really a problem. The problem is instead of
> creating another environment for cache or other non-config data, they
> use the same MYTHCONFDIR.

Hi Richard,

I'm wondering what specific data needs to be moved? I read over
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2085 , is that the main issue? Was
there a link to an upstream discussion on that?

My gut reaction is that this is still a bug to be fixed upstream, and
we shouldn't diverge RPM Fusion too much if possible, but I'm open to
discussion.

- Ken