Adobe reader

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Oct 30 14:30:55 CET 2007

Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 08:11 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>>> We could provide nosrc.rpms like jpackage does, but we can think about it
>>> later.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> R.
>>>
>> Actually I have a group of students working on a third party application
>> installer for Fedora, which will use a combination of autodownloader, no src
>> rpms (which will automatically get build using "sources" downloaded through
>> autodownloader) and system-install-packages, the end result will be a list of
>> applications like acroreader, googleearth, realplayer, etc. Which can then be
>> installed / updated with a single click by the enduser, while still getting
>> correct SELinux permissions, being easy removable as they will be installed as
>> rpms, etc.
>
> Are you creating a separate application, or integrating with existing
> ones?

A seperate application using existing ones.

> Tried asking Panu if it would be a bad thing to make rpmbuild download
> files Sources tags if they are not available?

That wouldn't help, we want everything 100% gui based, gui based download
progress, gui based error reporting, etc. Hence we will be using autodownloader
for the downloads.

The idea is the user gets an "install third party applications" entry in his
application menu, and when started he gets a list of apps, with there current
status (installed & up to date, installed update available, not installed).

He can then click one to install / update.

Then he gets a dialog asking his permission to download, then a download
progress bar, etc. rpmbuild integration is not going to result in this kind of
end user experience.

Regards,

Hans