Hosting the live cd

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 22:22:41 CEST 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Please point me to that discussion. As far as I remember and from
> searching "omega site:lists.rpmfusion.org" it was you who came up with
> the name; there was not even a proper discussion (and thus no consensus).
I posted to the list earlier, asking for naming suggestions (suggested
freefusion earlier but that name ran into potential trademark issues)
and didn't get much of it and went ahead with a name I picked.  It is
always a open possibility if you want to insist on another name. Feel
free to suggestion alternatives and find consensus. Meanwhile the
feedback from the images I have put out  (outside this list) already has
helped improved things quite a bit.

>>  I am not sure who is equipped to make a final decision but do that
>> and let me know.
>
> There was the idea of a steering committee (see wiki), but most of the
> time in the past weeks we afaics (round about) worked simply discussed
> things in public on the list and simply realized them a bit later if
> there was a consensus (e.g. if nobody yelled loudly). That way
> everybody can influence the decisions.
Question is: How do we progress now since there doesn't seem to be a
committee doing decisions at the moment?  I would ask you or anyone else
to make a decision and be done with it. If you want to form a committee
and make such decisions in the future, that's probably a good thing
since consensus on the list isn't always going to work especially if the
amount of discussions in low.

Rahul