Yet again: Current package status updated (package maintainers please read!)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 20 19:00:49 CEST 2008

On 20.10.2008 18:14, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at ...> writes:
>> freshrpms acx100-firmware-1.9.8.b-1.noarch
>> freshrpms acx111-firmware-1.2.1.34-1.noarch
>> freshrpms dkms-tiacx-0.4.7-3.noarch
>> -> outdated/doesn't build; get dropped
> This is a hardware driver, are you sure this should be dropped?

Well, the situation around the driver is a huge mess. Looking at the
changelog will tell you that it's a mess since quite some time already:
http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/dkms-tiacx/dkms-tiacx.spec

I tried to quickly compile that version, the one that's in freshrpms and
the one from http://gitorious.org/projects/acx-mac80211/repos/mainline
against the latest F9 kernel -- none of them compiled :-/

If somebody knows a version that working right now and that looks like
it's going to be properly maintained for the near future please let me
know, then we can consider to create kmod packages -- but we at least
also need to have someone that can also test if the modules work.