When to move updates from testing to stable

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:27:32 CET 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:19:57 +0100, KH KH wrote:

> I was suggesting to duplicate the buildsys (cvs builroot etc) to
> another repository as described here:
> http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2008-October/001507.html
> That's not a problem with following Fedora rules, but covering the users needs.

Duplicating sounds like forking to me. Forking the project at several
points.

I think the target group is not large enough for that. And the developer
community is not large enough either. Building experimental upgrades for
another repo could require other pkgs to be upgraded, too, which occupies
resources, only to find that the test environment is different from
Rawhide (because Fedora uses a different release process).

Btw, there's no need to duplicate the buildsys. The existing build master
server and the builders could build for additional build targets and into
separate needsign repos. "make build", "make testbuild" or similar.

Duplicating cvs? Think about how to sync changes between the two cvs
repos. You can branch your packages in cvs and tag them as usual.