libbluray soname bump

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:35:21 CET 2011

2011/12/11 Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org>:
> Hi,
>
> libbluray has made its first official release a few days ago. The soname
was
> bumped to 1.0.0 just before the release, in order to make sure it's
> incompatible with older snapshots they have produced. The snapshots I've
> made and packaged for Fedora are compatible with the release, so
Fedora/RPM
> Fusion packages should be fine after a simple rebuild.
>
> I would like to have a clean start with this library and have the updated
> package pushed to devel, but also to all currently active releases ( F-16,
> F-15 and EL-6), despite the soname breakage. Now that upstream is ready to
> push releases, I think it will be easier to keep the package in good shape
> if we follow them.
>
> Affected packages are as follow :
>
> For F17 and F16 :
> gvfs    (fedora)
> mplayer (rpmfusion-free)
> xbmc    (rpmfusion-free)
>
> For F15 :
> mplayer (rpmfusion-free)
> xbmc    (rpmfusion-free)
>
> EL-6 doesn't have any affected package.

Hello Xavier,

Vlc has gained support for libbluray with Rawhide/F-17 so I'm fine with
having it updated ASAP.
But I expect that can wait for the new snapshot.

For older Fedora releases I'm more doubtful, is there really new features
introduced?
Can't we consider bluray users in need for a new version to move to f16?