Contributing to the Nvidia driver (RHEL/CentOS too)

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 16:40:25 CET 2013

Hello,

On 11 November 2013 17:24, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:

> The current fedora process (hence RPMFusion) expect that you submit
> patches for review.

I'm about to submit patches for the Nvidia driver (current for now). Before
submitting I would like to know if there is any interest for splitting out
again nvidia-persistenced, nvidia-settings and nvidia-xconfig from the main
binary tarball. IMHO if they can be compiled from sources, they should be.

I don't know if they have been removed as separate packages to decrease
maintenance burden for the driver or if there is another reason.

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/